By using the information and services provided by the Sobamo Ltd (MyPlaceCuba) website, you consent to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
SCOPE OF SERVICES AND LIABILITY
- We facilitate confirmed bookings for various travel services including accommodation. We do not provide, own or run any travel services ourselves and in particular we do not provide, own or run any accommodation. Accordingly, the legal contract for the supply of accommodation and rental transactions is formed between travel service providers (e.g. property owners or hosts) and their users (e.g. guests), being a license to occupy the host’s accommodation during the agreed period as specified in the host’s booking confirmation but should not be or intended to be a tenancy or lease or grant of exclusive possession of such accommodation. Rental transactions in respect thereof are only binding among hosts and guests, who are both solely and entirely responsible for their performance. Sobamo Ltd disclaims all liability arising from or in connection with such transactions. If a guest enters into a rental transaction with a host for the booking of a property listed on this website, he or she should be aware of the fact that they will be required to accept any terms and conditions, rules and restrictions associated with such property as imposed by the host.
- We assume no liability in respect of the condition of any listed property on our site. Sobamo Ltd does not make any recommendations or endorsements of listed properties or users of the website. We cannot and have no control over the conduct of hosts, guests and other users of the site or suitability of any listings and listed properties. Sobamo Ltd cannot accept any liability arising from the listing and provision of any accommodation by hosts listed on our website and/or for any errors or omissions in the property descriptions submitted to the website by the property owners. Any bookings will be made at a guest’s own risk.
- Sobamo Ltd makes every effort to ensure that the guests’ chosen travel services provider processes their booking correctly and in a timely manner. While Sobamo Ltd takes reasonable care to list only the travel services of reasonable standard, the listing of any travel services in the website is not and should not be taken as a recommendation from Sobamo Ltd or a representation that the travel services will be suitable for the user’s purpose.
- Although it is our responsibility is to facilitate the communication between a guest and his chosen travel service provider, a guest should keep in mind that their agreement is made with the travel services provider, not Sobamo Ltd. Therefore, it is the travel services provider’s responsibility to provide the guest(s) with the agreed travel services. Prior to making a booking, the guest is strongly advised to review the travel services provider’s terms and conditions and ensure that they are acceptable to him or her. The resolution of any disagreement or conflict between the guest and the host must be reached by these two parties.
- As a mediator between the guests and the travel services providers Sobamo Ltd (MyPlaceCuba) charges a nominal booking fee of $5-10 USD per room and per night, used as a deposit to guarantee that the guest will respect the reservation and also to cover the expenses of our platform. The guest agrees to pay this fee at the time of booking in order to secure his or her reservation. The remaining balance is due upon the consummation of services provided at the chosen casa particular, in local currency (CUC). Once the reservation has been confirmed with Sobamo Ltd (MyPlaceCuba), any subsequent change with regard to the reservation You (“the guest”) have made with the service providers (e.g. casa particular owners) does not mean that the amount paid can be deducted from the total price set by the owners of the casa particular. The price per room/per night in each casa particular is fixed, and any payment made with Sobamo Ltd (MyPlaceCuba) cannot be used as a leverage to lower the price agreed previously with the service providers. Please note that the booking fee covers the price of agency services and banking fees, and it is not a part of the accommodation price.
- We offer two methods of payment for our booking fees: (1) direct bank transfer (bank charges may apply) and (2) payment with credit and debit cards. You will receive your invoice and payment confirmation by email, regardless of the payment option you have selected.
Online Credit and Debit Card Payment
If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, 2BuySecure Retail is an authorized Sales Agent of Sobamo Ltd. which allows you to make secure international payments in many different currencies and supports all major credit cards. Though this form of e-payment your transactions will be 100% confidential and safe. Having received your payment, we will send you the invoice by e-mail. 2BuySecure Retail is an authorized Sales Agent of Sobamo Ltd. and it will instantly process your online payment, and you will receive an email confirming your payment and reservation. In case you need to cancel or reschedule your trip (within the acceptable time frame), 2BuySecure Retail allows us to submit full refunds quickly and efficiently. As you will make your payment in US dollars, the amount charged to your card will be converted into your local currency, in accordance with the exchange rate of credit card associations. As a result of this conversion, a slight difference between the price stated on your invoice and the one charged to your credit/debit card is possible.
Direct bank transfer
If you choose to make a payment by direct bank transfer from your bank account, please ensure this is accompanied by a remittance advice. Please note that the Sobamo Ltd. must receive the full amount shown on the invoice. Any fees or charges which are levied by the bank for you to make this payment should be paid by you directly and should not come out of your Sobamo Ltd fee payment. If you do not pay these bank charges you will still be liable for the difference between the amount that is paid to us and your total fee payable. Any shortfalls in the fee must be paid before our full service is provided to you.
BOOKING FEES AND DEPOSITS
Our booking fees cover the cost of providing our agency services, as well as applicable payment processing fees. All such fees are payable in full before the booking is confirmed by our agency and non-refundable. In order to make all necessary arrangements with our partners (accommodation providers), a deposit is required to reserve your accommodation. The full amount of the accommodation price is payable before the consumption of the services in question.
All our prices are subject to modification without notice at any time, in case of significant changes in prices of accommodation included in our offer.
Any booking cancellations or changes in the duration of the guest’s stay should be made at least three (3) days (72 hours) before the planned arrival to the accommodation in written form, upon which a full refund of the paid booking fee will be issued. No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than three (3) days (72 hours) prior to the planned arrival. The guest is also entitled to a full refund if the travel service provider has to cancel the booking for any reason, or if the travel service provider has not kept the reservation made by the guest. In the highly unlikely event of a problem arising while the users of our services are in Cuba, our liability to them is limited to the refund of the nominal fee paid to us and further assistance with finding an alternative travel services provider for them.
Here at Sobamo Ltd we always do everything we can to make sure you receive the best possible service. If you’re not completely happy about our standard of service or the quality of tourism establishments we have booked for you, we’d like to hear about it straightaway, in order to compensate you for any inconvenience or distress and improve our service.
Any claim or complaint against Sobamo Ltd or in respect of the service provided must be promptly submitted, but in any event within 30 days after the check-out date or the date when the service was provided. Any claims or complaints submitted after the 30-days period, shall be rejected and the claimant shall forfeit his or her right to any compensation.
- We accept complaints via email, telephone and mail, and will deal with your complaint as efficiently as we can. You can send your complaint by either writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting it to the below trading address: Sobamo Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden, London, UK.If you would like to discuss your complaint, you may contact our customer service team by calling them on +44 20 3905 5480 and a member of the team will be happy to work with you to find a suitable resolution. Please note that our team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- We aim to resolve your complaint by the end of the third business day after the day we receive it (excluding weekends). If we do, we will send you a summary resolution communication to confirm that we have resolved your complaint.
- If we cannot resolve it by end of the third business day, we will send you an acknowledgement by close of business to keep you informed of the measures being taken in respect to your complaint resolution.
- We aim to resolve all complaints within eight weeks. After investigating your complaint, we will send you a final written response and advise you whether we have upheld the complaint or not. Where we have upheld your complaint, we shall highlight to you how we will resolve your dissatisfaction. If you agree to the resolution, then we will consider the complaint closed. If we did not uphold your complaint, then we shall advise you accordingly of the reason and how we reached the outcome.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Website has been designed for use within the United Kingdom. By accessing this Website you are agreeing that the Courts of England will deal with any disputes which may arise between you and us, and that English law shall be the applicable law.
Please note that Sobamo Ltd does not warrant that the information published on this website will be error free and in using this website you acknowledge that the accommodation details and all other information including information relating to travel services published on this website may include minor inaccuracies or typographical errors. Ratings shown on some website are the opinion of people who have booked and availed of the relevant travel services or have stayed in the relevant accommodation. We take no responsibility for the opinions. We may remove or make changes to the services, information, content, materials, tools and features on this Website at any time without liability and without notice to you. We also reserve the right to immediately terminate or suspend your use of or access to this Website at any time and without notice if we consider that you have breached any of our Terms and Conditions. We may also change or modify all of any parts of our Terms and Conditions at any time and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon their publication. You should review these regularly to ensure you are familiar with the most up to date version. Browsing and continuing to access or use our Website constitutes your acceptance of the updated terms and conditions and you agree to by bound by the updated terms and conditions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied by statute, custom or usage relating to the information contained in this Website and we shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise arising from this website, or from any interruption or delay in accessing this website.
THIS AGREEMENT is between you, the user of this website, and Sobamo Ltd.
Neither Sobamo Ltd, nor any of its directors, employees, agents, affiliates or other representatives and their respective parent company shall be liable for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with your use of any information, products, services and/or the materials offered through this website, including but not limited to loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage, unless Sobamo Ltd has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage, or such loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable.